Thursday, November 20, 2008

Emotional Crisis

I am going to be brutally honest. I'm having a very hard time. I'm struggling with the decision to go ahead with this surgery. There are so many issues, so many things to learn so much unknown.

I think more than anytime in my life right now I have to figure out how to "let go and let God". I like to think I am not generally the type of person who has a need to be in control. I've learned a lot over the years as a mother about giving up the "need" to control. But I guess in those situations I still have control over giving up control {yeah that gave me a headache too!}.

In this case I can't control any of it even if I tried, and believe me I have tried. What's interesting is my husband seems to be okay with what's going on. I'm not feeling the physical symptoms he is and he just wants to do it and move on. I'm stuck.

I could go on and on but I think I've been clear enough. I think now more than ever we could really use all the prayer and support we can get. I am not sleeping well and am pretty exhausted and there are a lot of things to accomplish in the coming days, and after. I need strength.

1 comment:

Kim Becker said...

I pray that God allows you to be at peace with a decision. I pray for a way for you to find rest in the midst of all this. I pray for your cup to be refilled.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. God's got you. Hang in there. :)