Saturday, November 1, 2008

God in the small things.


Remember my first post on this blog? I said I was going to remember God in all the details no matter how small. All things considered when you look at all that has been happening here at the Thomas zoo a sick puppy might seem small to some. But to me it was big. If he died I would have gotten over it, the kids would have moved on, Libby {our little Jack Russel who adores him} and the cats would have forgotten. But my heart would break, even if just for a little while.

Thursday was a sad day. I was convinced Bruno was dying. He actually was. I stood in the shower with the water running so no one could hear me cry. With everything that has gone on these past months I don't think I have ever really "questioned" God. Maybe it was my Grandmother instilling in me as a very young child that you don't ever question God. Well that day, in the shower, I cried out and said "Jesus WHY"??!! He didn't yell back and he wasn't mad that I dared question. I felt His love and I felt Him say "after everything that has happened can't you trust me, even in this"? Oh.

It wasn't about a puppy. It was about me giving EVERYTHING to HIM. I'd been telling my kids and my friends for days to please pray for Bruno, but I have to admit that I really wasn't. I didn't trust Him to make it ok. Why should God be bothered with such an insignificant thing. Then I went to see the puppy and it was clear to me no one there had any power to make him better and he truly was in Gods hands. I prayed. And I prayed. And then I prayed some more. And you know what? God came through!

I don't really know completely what this is teaching me. All I can say is that I am so thankful right now that He loves me so much and he keeps putting up with me the way He does! Even over a silly little slobbery puppy!

Today I visited Bruno and he RAN to the door of the cage and when I picked him up he licked every inch of my face and neck! His tail was wagging so hard he was nearly airborne! And I bawled like a baby! He's getting sprung tomorrow. He can resume his underwear toilet paper shoe eating ways and I won't complain one bit!


No comments: