Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Stanford called...


They were going to cancel the surgery. Of course my cell phone was dead when they left that message and when I finally realized it it was lunchtime everywhere and you can never get a hold of doctors offices between 12 and 2. But my husband has his ways! I tell you the man is amazing.

Apparently the cardiologist we saw last week had not faxed the surgery clearance to Stanford. I was warned when they first scheduled the surgery that anesthesia is very insistent about having all the i's dotted and t's crossed and if they asked for something make sure it was there in a timely manner as they have been known to cancel even on the day of, hour of surgery.

Steve got on the phone and tracked everyone down and by three o'clock the proper papers were faxed and Stanford received them and we are good to go.

We also got the medicine today. While the insurance company cleared it the co-pay was $150! {since we needed it so quickly we had to pay 20%, otherwise it would have been shipped for just $30} Well that was just too much for us right now and Steve asked his boss if there was anything else we could do. He said not to worry...he would call "Dave" and it would disappear! We picked it up today for $0! Now I get to stab him twice a day.

So things are falling into place. I could really do without any more obstacles as they are really wearing us down. I have to admit that I continue to struggle with wondering just what on earth are we doing. It's hard to see clearly when so much is going on all around me. Your continued prayers for peace and clarity are so needed and valued! Thank You!!

No comments: