Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A new day.


I've been sitting here glued to the TV watching the election results. Obama just finished his acceptance speech and all I can say is "wow". He wasn't my choice, for many reasons but we do live in a democracy and he was fairly elected. I do have to say what he had to say was inspiring. I truly hope he lives up to the promises he has made.

I agree with him when he said "If there is anyone out there who still doubts that America is a place where all things are possible, who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in our time, who still questions the power of our democracy, tonight is your answer". How so very true!

This has been going around in emails for a few days and it says all that really matters:

10 top predictions no matter who wins the election!!

1. The Bible will still have all the answers we need.

2. Prayer will still work.

3. The Holy Spirit will still move.

4. God will still enjoy the praises of His people.

5. There will still be God-anointed preaching.

6. There will still be singing to the glory of God.

7. God will still pour out blessings upon His people.

8. There will still be room at the Cross.

9. Jesus will still love you.

10. Jesus will still save the lost when they come to Him.

and God approves this message!

ISN'T IT GREAT TO KNOW WHO IS REALLY IN CHARGE?

So 2009 is going be very different for many reasons. I pray it is all for good. And I pray it is very different for my family as well!

PS I want to publicly thank my son Jason for making me go vote. After a not so very good day I just threw in the towel and wasn't intending to go. He was so excited about voting for the first time in his life he dragged me out at 7:45! I'm glad he did and I'm very proud of him!
*

No comments: