Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Valley of Baca

Not much change today. Steve just has no energy or strength whatsoever. I know this would be expected of someone so seriously ill but it's very hard not to worry. We decided we're calling UCSF on the morning to see how quickly they can get him in. I know we are now with a good doctor here but he still did say he has no answers. We took off his fentanyl patch and he's not taking any pain meds, his choice. He thinks the narcotics are what's wiping him out. We'll see.

So speaking of hearing God. Something interesting has been happening these past couple of weeks. I've read Psalm 84 before but I never really paid attention to the particular reference to the Valley of Baca and never heard any teaching on it. I just assumed it was a place on the map. Last night at my churches 20th anniversary party that was the one passage my pastor read. Again "The Valley of Baca" stood out to me. God was trying to tell me something. I meant to look it up last night but was so tired I just collapsed in bed. Well this morning I got in the car and turned on the radio and the first song playing was "Better is One Day". That song is written using the 84th psalm. OK GOD...I hear you!! {I don't think I have ever heard that song played on the radio}

I haven't had a lot of time to study but what I've found so far is giving me comfort. I'll come back and post after I learn a little more about it.

Please pray for my friend Beth. Her mom is having more surgery today and she is very worried. Thank you!

1 comment:

Margee' said...

I'll need to read about this also!