Monday, September 15, 2008

A very nice visit.

The bronchoscopy went very well. They did not even need to sedate him, just numbed his throat locally. The doctor says he saw nothing alarming, this was expected. What he did see was lots of thrush {yeast} which can be a side effect of steroid treatment. It was all the way down into his esophagus. He did say he didn't see much in his lungs but thrush can still be there without actually seeing it. This could explain the swallowing trouble and even breathing difficulty. He just has not recovered this time like he has in the past. They have started him on anti-fungal drugs.

So the biopsy is scheduled for tomorrow.

I took Charis for a visit. She always cheers him up and was very happy to see her. He looked good, his hair was washed and that always makes anyone feel better. He did get to walk around the nurses station using a walker. He said it was hard but he was glad to do it. His breathing is still labored and he tends to crash at night but today he is alive and I am thankful for that!

Where was God in this today?

*I reconnected with a long lost friend today. This may have never happened had it not been for this. It was nice to just let it all out, I knew she was the perfect one to let me do that.

*I am feeling the love and concern from all of my friends. I can actually say the prayers are felt. The cloud I have been walking under the past few days seem to be lifting....a little. Remember the other day when I said I wasn't feeling hope? It's back. Reality is still facing me square in the face but I don't just walk in this world and I believe God is the one in charge here...not the doctors.

*A dear friend reminded me of something today. You never take the first word on anything when it comes to your health. Always get a second and even third opinion. I think when this current crisis is over and Steve is well enough to travel {see...I told you the hope was back} we will still got to San Fransisco. Sure couldn't hurt! {the diagnoses they have given is Idiopathic Interstitial Pneumonia. It's not something you want to have.}

Prayer needs:

1. That Steve tolerates the biopsy tomorrow and doesn't have anesthesia complications.

2. My kids are struggling and it's showing. I got calls from teachers today and of course they were understanding when I explained the situation. But I don't want them falling so far behind they can't catch up.

3. I really need good, deep and restful sleep. Right now it's only coming in waves. I'm feeling ok but that is probably because I tend to function very well in crisis mode. The crash afterwards is ugly.

1 comment:

Margee' said...

Prayers for your whole family.

Prayers and friends are very important through the rough times.