Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Accepting Weakness

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Boy that verse is a tough one for me today. It's very hard to watch what is happening to Steve right now. Since he has been home he has barely moved from the bed. Well except for the last seven hours where he has been running to the bathroom every 15 minutes vomiting. He is very weak right now and even though it shouldn't surprise me, given what he has been through it worries me.

But......I have peace.

We are absolutely in a place right now where we have no choice but to put our complete faith in what God is doing. Steve was actually given a release to go back to work yesterday from the doctor at rehab last week {he did classify him "disabled" through the end of December but he can still work as he is able}. It is very clear to Steve that won't be happening. Just going to the doctor yesterday completely wiped him out. He has not eaten in days and all he has strength to do is sleep.

We have no idea if he will get a paycheck this Thursday. It is very difficult to get in touch with the payroll person right now and we just got the disability papers signed yesterday. So we are living in faith...and God is coming through. Little envelopes getting handed to us with "help", grocery bags at the front door, dollars stretching a little further than we are used to. I do know that if we have nothing else we have plenty of peanut butter, jelly and lasagna to last a year!! {that seems to be the staple that everyone provides...cracks me up!!}

But......still, I have peace.

So today I will do my best to just keep Steve comfortable. We are definitely in the "crash after crisis" stage here and everyone is just tired and beat up. But "after crisis" is an ok place to be.

{Update: He'll get a partial paycheck, we can work with that! The disability papers went in the mail today, praying for a quick turn around. This has been a bad day for Steve...the vomiting has not let up much except for a much needed 3 hour nap. I'm waiting for the pharmacy to call with some meds the doctor called in. She thinks he is either withdrawing from the morphine {he stopped it yesterday, does not like how it makes him feel} or just got the flu coincidentally. He does have a fever so probably is a bug.}



No comments: