Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Who me? Frustrated?

I'm just numb now. I have no other emotions.

Steve is supposed to get out of the rehab hospital tomorrow morning. The plan was to see his pulmonologist at 1:00. While I was at the pediatrician with Laryssa for three hours the pulmo doctors office called and said they are canceling the appointment, he needs to see some other doctor....have no idea who or even how to pronounce their name. Now I'm being told he has to see some resident and they can't see him until the end of next week. If things go the way they have been he'll be back in the hospital by then anyway so why even bother. That pulmonologist stood in my husbands hospital room a week and a half ago and said he would see my husband in his private office. Right. Oh, and UCSF won't call me back. Wonder why.

I'm just done. I give up. I'm going back to bed.

UPDATE:

I guess freaking out and breaking down in tears works. More likely it was the praying I was doing.

The doctors office called back. Yes he did remember telling us he would follow my husband and he said he will see him tomorrow at 4:00. They even told me where to park so he could ride the elevator instead of using the stairs and if he was too weak to do that they will bring a wheelchair down for him {I have yet to see my husband ride in a wheelchair...he'll have to be paralyzed for that to happen!}

I cried at the pharmacy the other night too when they told my my prescription was at another store and I could not get it until the next day. They filled it anyway and got me out of there in less than ten minutes. I don't know if they felt sorry for me or if I freaked them out.

I'm crying a lot lately. Please pray for me.

I'll update after the appointment tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Rhonda, I wanted you to know I include you in my prayers every single day, every single morning.

God will listen, is listening.


lots of love,
dirt