Friday, October 24, 2008

Not today either

I should learn by now not to make promises I can't keep. The update just needs to wait. I found myself feeling very overwhelmed today by all the medical information overload. I just need a break.

The plans are still moving forward for the trip to Stanford on Tuesday. I'm trying to stay hopeful. Yesterday Chuckie was home after throwing up the night before. Laryssa stayed home too...just because. We thought it was the pizza he ate but then Steve threw up last night. Everyone else seems ok. I am a little concerned because after a few days of feeling very well and then today I could not get him to wake up at all. He didn't move from bed until after 5 tonight. He had an ok couple of hours and then back to bed.

I think I may have miscommunicated somewhere because a friend asked the other day if everything is now ok since the blood clots were discovered. The answer is no. Let me preface all this with "unless God heals him". Steve is still very sick. The blood cots only add to what has been going on. Yes they may have been there from the beginning, or not but something caused them to be there and that is what we do not know. Something is making him very sick and that is why we are going back and forth to the hospital and multiple doctor visits. He is home but nothing has changed since his last discharge other than he is now on blood thinners to, hopefully prevent more clots.

I apologize for not making a more thorough update. I just need to focus on "regular" things right now and get everyone here ready for our trip on Tuesday. Please pray that we make it and don't have the same trouble getting there like last month!

In the meantime watch something that always cheers me up and makes me smile!

No comments: