Monday, October 27, 2008

If it's not one, it's another

Well Steve has been out of the hospital a grand total of 10 days...WOO HOO!! But now it's our puppy's turn. Jason was "gifted" with an adorable little purebred pomeranian puppy a couple of weeks ago by one of the regular customers at the pizza place he works at. You know the drill: mom, I'll take care of him, feed him, water him, walk him, bath him, train him, love him squeeze him and call him George. Well actually Bruno.

So could you say no to this little face?















Yesterday I noticed he was not his usual little toilet paper, underwear, shoe eating self. He was lethargic and then he threw up. My immediate fear was parvo so I went into high gear and started pumping the fluids in. Being a Sunday there aren't many choices for vet care and we really needed to go where the insurance dictates so Jason, Brandon and I took turns and stayed up all night keeping him hydrated. It was a good thing because the vet was very impressed by his good condition this morning and actually surprised that he tested positive for parvo. The plan is hopefully 2 days in the hospital on IV's and antibiotics and anti nausea medicines. If all goes well he should be ok. If all does not go well we will have decisions to make that we don't want to.

I know it's silly but if you don't mind please say a prayer for the little guy. I know some of my friends wondered if I needed another hole in my head more than a puppy but he really has been a bright spot in our lives lately with all that's been going on. It has really helped take the kids minds off things and on those really tough days of Steve being so sick you can't imagine how nice it is to come home to such a cuddly little ball of nothing but love!

We head for Stanford late, late tonight. Or actually early in the morning. Steve continues to do well. His pain seems well controlled and he has been sleeping a lot. Pray they have some answers for us tomorrow. He really needs to get back to his life and would like to go back to work soon. Not only for our financial well being {which we are doing ok for now...God is coming through in awesome ways!} but his self worth. He enjoys his job and is feeling out of sorts being away from it for so long. He really is a wonderful provider and a hard working man. I like that about him!

I'll update as soon as I can. As always...thanks for all the prayer and support!

No comments: