Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Shout Outs

I haven't forgotten. I did say I would post an update but I decided to wait until the end of today, we have two doctor appointments.

But I do want to give a couple of shout outs and direct you to a couple of blogs that have encouraged me lately.

First of all let me share this one: Desiring God

We have been watching John Piper videos at church for quite a while now and I confess here that I have found them difficult to follow at times. But the last couple times they were show I got a lot out of them. Probably because our life has been so changed these last 10 months that I seem to be "desiring God" so much more intensely.

I started reading the blog when my pastor added it to the church blog list. Some of it is a bit "wordy" and you have to dust off your bible to follow {hey..that's a good thing!} but a lot of it is just dead on. Particularly this entry. I was joking with my dear friend Paul the other day and sharing with him the words and scriptures God has given me recently. Sometimes they come in the night and I'll jump up and go to Bible Gateway {LOVE that site!} and search where that passage is. While I'm waiting for the search to load sometimes I sit here thinking "please don't be in Job, please don't be in job"! But maybe Job is a good book for me to be reading right now. If you've never read it I'll spoil the ending for you...it's a happy one!

But this particular message in that entry stood out to me:

"2. Let your tears flow freely when your calamity comes.

"Job arose, rent his robe, and shaved his head, and fell upon his face" (1:20).

The sobs of grief and pain are not the sign of unbelief. Job knows nothing of a flippant, insensitive, superficial "Praise God anyhow" response to suffering. The magnificence of his worship is because it was in grief, not because it replaced grief.

And let the rest of us weep with those who weep."


I admit here that I have struggled greatly with fear throughout this ordeal. I have never doubted that God is with me but I have also not been able to forget that people die every day and God has not promised us that they won't. But I have to remind myself daily, sometimes hourly, that He promises He will always be there beside me. Sometimes I worry that my sobs of pain show unbelief, I pray that it does not because believe me...I believe!

And now to the next one.

Bring the Rain...

Ooops!! I am running late for our appointments and don't have time to finish. I promise I'll get back........

No comments: